The Immelmann is basically a backwards Split S. To Fly one, fly
straight and level and apply elevator to go up into a half loop. As the plane flys inverted (at the very top of the loop) roll back to level. IF you fly in
competition, here are some tips for this maneuver: 1- get the radius of the half loop perfectly round. 2- The roll MUST be at the very top and immediately after
the half loop!
- Model not level at start of maneuver.
- Model deviates left or right during half loop.
- Half loop not completed exactly above point of commencement of half loop.
- Half roll does not commence immediately after half loop.
- Plane deviates from a straight line during roll.
- Model does not finish in level flight.
- Model heading does not finish exactly opposite the direction of entry.
- Half loop not round.
- Rolls/Slow Roll
- Spin -
- Snap Roll
- Knife Edge
- Knife Edge Loop
- Flat Spin
- Inverted Flat Spin
- Wingtip Spin -
!!STOP!! If you don't see a menu on the left, click
HERE to jump to the front and begin your RDRC
Experience! RC Video Feeds added, check the 'Miscellaneous' section of the LH menu for these
If you have a Hint or Tip you would like to share, please drop us an
email about it to: