The Immelmann is basically a backwards Split S. To Fly one, fly
straight and level and apply elevator to go up into a half loop. As the plane flys inverted (at the very top of the loop) roll back to level. IF you fly in
competition, here are some tips for this maneuver: 1- get the radius of the half loop perfectly round. 2- The roll MUST be at the very top and immediately after
the half loop!
- Model not level at start of maneuver.
- Model deviates left or right during half loop.
- Half loop not completed exactly above point of commencement of half loop.
- Half roll does not commence immediately after half loop.
- Plane deviates from a straight line during roll.
- Model does not finish in level flight.
- Model heading does not finish exactly opposite the direction of entry.
- Half loop not round.
- Rolls/Slow Roll
- Spin -
- Snap Roll
- Knife Edge
- Knife Edge Loop
- Flat Spin
- Inverted Flat Spin
- Wingtip Spin -
If you have a Hint or Tip you would like to share, please drop us an
email about it to: